Ubiety Technologies, Inc is dedicated to developing innovative device detection and RF signaling products that improve the safety and security of homes, businesses, and communities. We offer a fast-paced, highly collaborative startup environment where you will be inventing and developing transformative products to improve the lives of our customers. You will be working alongside extremely talented engineers and creative designers from inception through delivery of a revolutionary product.
Ubiety is seeking a passionate and experienced QA engineer who is interested in helping us deliver quality releases to our customers on our mobile app and web experience. We need someone inspired to build and/or invent ways to test, to find problems no one else could, to build and deliver delightful first-to-world products.
This role reports into product. As a part of the QA team, you will work side-by-side with developers and peers to author and complete manual & automated tests. You will need to understand technical details, use cases, and help plan for new features prior to their announcement and release. We use tools and automation to expand and improve testing coverage and efficiency. We also determine issue priority including reproducing steps, scope, and customer impact. You will coordinate test efforts across teams for new features and call out critical bugs and work with developers to prioritize fixes. You will need to provide qualitative feedback on new features to ensure a superior user experience.
In addition to a competitive base salary, this position is also eligible for equity awards based on factors such as experience and performance. We believe strongly that if you contribute to adding to Ubiety’s value, you should share in that value.
Standard Salary Range: $70k - $90k Annually plus equity
• Solid understanding of development lifecycles, testing methodologies, and QA processes.
• Experienced in developing test plans, building tools and test frameworks.
• Experienced in writing, triaging, and debugging automation scripts, as well as test harness enhancement.
• Automation/coding experience in Python or similar languages.
• Experience with basic AWS Services (S3, Lambda, RDS, Dynamo, etc)
• Skilled at debugging, troubleshooting, and critical thinking on bug prioritization.
• Experience with multi-functional projects.
• A great teammate with the ability to act as a mentor and peer leader.
• Strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• English language proficiency
• Experience with automated testing tools a plus (Selenium, Appium, or similar)
• Experience with CI tools a plus (Gitlab, Bitbucket, Jenkins, or similar)
We are looking for critical problem solvers to play a key role in building and running QA. We need someone who is comfortable working in an exciting environment with changing priorities, thinking creatively, and has a passion for ensuring high-quality standards.
• Responsible for QA process improvement to help improve product quality and efficiency.
• Create written and coded/automated test cases and building CICD related work
• Document and work with developers to resolve defects
• Design and execute automated QA scripts
• Contribute to application design and user experience
• Configure and Maintain test environments
Note: These responsibilities are just a starting place! We’re a small company, we don’t have rigid roles, and we have a lot to do - we can help you grow wherever your interests take you.
• A small, tightly-knit team that cares about each other, and cares about leveling everyone up together!
• A high level of autonomy, and opportunity to take as much of a leadership role as you are interested in
• A highly collaborative environment with an extreme level of transparency and visibility at all levels of the company
• A true meritocracy - we care about deliverables, not drama or politics. We’ve got too much to do!
• Competitive salary with equity ownership of a fast-growing company
• Generous quarterly bonus incentive pool for accomplishing personal and company goals (including both cash and equity)
• Continuous learning courses and training offered for free to all employees
• Basic health care coverage at no cost to all employees
• Flexible schedule
• Unlimited PTO policy - Work hard, deliver on your goals, and then take the time to play hard, disconnect, and recharge.